It is important to keep all documents virus free because if they are infected with virus then we may not be able to open (view) them or content of the document may go missing or become garbage
Earlier people used to keep most important data files backup on CDs and DVDs, but now the trend has changed and flash drive a.ka. pendrive has been used for backing up important files, document etc.
How to scan flash drive?
1. First make sure you have Antivirus (I use Avast free Antivirus) software installed on your computer or on a laptop.
2. Now make sure the Antivirus has latest updated virus definition (protection) file, if not download latest virus definition file, for this you will require active working Internet connection or you can get virus definition file downloaded from other machine and then copy to your machine and run the update file.
3. Now plug-in (connect) the flash drive to your computer.
5. Now in drive(s) list your flash drive will be listed.
6. Right click the flash drive and choose ‘Scan’ option.
7. This will open up Antivirus scanning pop-up window and start scanning files folders inside flash drive automatically, if you want can click pause or stop option if required.
Please click screenshot for reference.
Antivirus protection safety tips.
1. Never double click and open the flash drive, always right click explore.
2. Never share your flash drive if it contain private confidential documents.
Note: The steps are recorded from Windows XP machine having Avast free antivirus hence may vary for your computer, if you have different operating system version.