Today, I came across a new feature provided by Google YouTube services which helps see us English translation of videos in any other language.
This new feature of YouTube service is called as automatic caption (cc).
Once we turn on this feature we can see English text of conversation at the bottom of the video player screen.
Please see screenshot for reference.
Benefits of YouTube automatic caption (cc) feature?
I found following benefits (advantages) of this feature of YouTube services.
1. Learning English become easier – Now we can learn English along with entertainment. Simply watch any of your favorite’s movies on YouTube and then turn on automatic caption (cc) feature.
2. Understanding videos in different English accent become easier. – Sometime we do watches interviews, How To’s videos which may have different English accents, turn on automatic caption (cc) feature, this will help you understand the conversation easily.
How to enable YouTube automatic caption (cc) feature?
1. Access YouTube.com in your computer browser, not sure whether this feature is available in mobile phones, but should be available in Apple iPADs.
2. Now search for your favorite’s movies, interviews, How To’s videos etc.
3. Select them to play.
4. Now at the bottom of the screen player, click cc icon and you are done.
How to disable YouTube automatic caption (cc) feature?
1. Click cc icon again and then click “Turn Captions Off”.
I found that this feature does not work or not available in videos captured using screen capture tool with computer screenshots and audio.
You have to turn on this feature on individual video's.