No Smart phone (Be it Android, IOS , Windows Phone) could provide more than ~3-4 Hrs battery life if used heavily. This is biggest challenge for mobile manufacturer companies.
Solution available at present in market:
1. In Australia, there are mobile battery charging stations to recharge your mobile.
2. Microsoft Windows Phone version 8 has launched wireless recharging functionality through wireless charging station places at various places, like Airport etc.
I have seen several articles on this topics but I want to share what I do to keep my (Samsung Omnia W - Windows Phone 7.10) phone up and running with one full recharge in a Day, as well as other tip to keep my phone battery last longer.
What I do keep my phone up and running whole Day with one full recharge?
1. Don't keep Data connection always ON: Instead keeping data connection ON all time, I turn it ON and OFF frequently, say every 1 Hr I turn it on for few minutes to check emails, important alerts, social media notification (Facebook, Twitter etc) and then turn it OFF.
2. SMS over Calling: I prefer messaging (SMS), instead calling unless calling is required, if calling is required I keep my conversation (Calls) short and simple.
3. No Full Volume: I do not listen to Songs \ FM at full volume, I set volume as 25/30, as high volume causes battery to drain faster.
By following these simple tips Daily, I keep my phone going ON through out Day, and in a Day I listen to music for more than 1 Hr, I play game (My Favorite - Chess4All), use Internet for browsing, chatting (Facebook, Whatsapp).
What to do to make my phone battery last longer?
1. Keep WI-FI, Bluetooth, Location service OFF, if you require to use them than after using these services turn them OFF.
2. Turn OFF Vibration mode, as vibration mode consume more battery power than normal ringer.
3. Set 'Low' screen brightness, by default it is high brightness, the higher the brightness more battery power is required.
4. Choose 'Dark' (Black) background than 'light' (White) background, Black background consumes less battery power.
5. Screen lock out time, set screen-shot lock out time to 30 seconds, unless you are reading a PDF book.
6. Do not keep 'Data Connection' always ON, turn it on at regular interval to check important update and surfing.
Note: These all the settings are available in Settings menu (application).
What to do when your phone battery is too low?
1. Turn OFF data connection and Turn OFF Vibration, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location Service.
2. Or you can go to 'Battery Saver' option in 'Settings' menu and check mark: 'Turn on Battery Saver now, until the next charge'. Changing these setting will automatically block all communication except Callings and SMSing.
- If you use phone heavily for email, browsing, and chatting then your battery will get drained in 2-3 Hrs, so its better to keep a micro-USB charger in handy which you can use to connect to your office PC / Laptop etc.
- Today, I came to know about 'Solar Charger' mobile application for Windows Phone through which can charge our Mobile Phone battery by making our phone screen acting as solar panel, I will test this application and will update further whether it really works.
Applies To: Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 7.5, Windows Phone 8