Do you want to open Google home page automatically each time you open new tab in Mozilla Firefox, we can achieve this by making some simple configuration changes in Firefox configuration settings.
Today, most of the people are dependent on Google for finding any information. I thought let's open Google on each new tab we open so that we don't have to type www.Google.com or click home button (provided Google is your homepage) when you open new tab. This saves our time.
How to open Google in new tab in Firefox:
1. Start Mozilla Firefox
2. Type about:config in address bar
3. Click 'I'll be careful, I promise!' button
4. Now search for value browser.newtab.url now double click the value in results and change the string value from 'about:newtab' to 'www.google.com'
5. If you want to revert back the changes then replace the value with 'about:newtab' old value.
Note: Do not include ' ' in www.google.com
How to open Google in new tab in Internet Explorer
Follow below steps to if you want to open Google search page each time you open new tab in internet explorer
1. Go to 'Tools' menu.
2. Click 'Internet Options'.
3. Click 'Settings' option next to Tabs at the bottom of the Internet Options window.
4. Now select 'Your first home page' under option: When a new tab is opened, open:
5. Click OK, OK twice.
Note: Make sure your home page is already set as Google.
Steps are recorded from IE (Internet Explorer) version 8.