I always keeps SMS delivery option enabled so that I know whether my SMS has been reached to the receiver’s mobile phone.
Because many a time it may happen that the receiver may not receive the SMS due to some issue with SMS server of their mobile service provider.
How to enable SMS delivery confirmation setting?
1. Go to Messaging (SMS) menu on your Windows Phone.
2. Press ... text on right hand side of the phone and select Settings option.
3. Now move the slider right hand side under SMS delivery confirmation setting.
Now SMS delivery setting has been enabled, send an test SMS to someone to check whether you get confirmation SMS that message is delivered.
How to confirm whether the SMS you have sent is delivered?
The moment receiver receives the SMS on their phone you will get SMS with following message.
The message you have sent to 91......... was delivered.
1. You would get above message only if you have enabled SMS delivery confirmation setting.
2. If you do not get message delivery confirmation SMS that means either the phone is switched off / does not have network / network service provider issue.
Above steps are captured from Windows Phone and may vary for your phone, but you should not find it difficult to configure this setting on your mobile phone
Applies To: Windows Mobile 7.8